So Since I will be out of commission for a labor day recipe, I’m giving it you early! Tandoori paneer sliders, topped with cilantro jalapeno tahini, it’s to DIE for. If you think I’m lying ask my FIL, he loved them so much her ate like 6 (they are tiny). OH and Ahaan also ate one, now if you follow me on insta you know he doesn’t eat anything so this was a huge win in my books.
I used stone-fire naan dippers, because I wanted this to be a small bite kind of a dish. It would be perfect for a bbq or even a party indoors. They are super cute and colorful, perfect for a bridal shower or a brunch party! Stay tuned for another recipe using this filling and sauce, because when you have leftovers you gotta turn it into a different recipe. Hope you guys will enjoy this as much as my family and I did.
Stay happy, stay hungry!
|Prep time: 10 minutes||Cook time: 10 minutes||Total time: 20 minutes||Makes: 6 servings|
- Stone fire naan bites, a box
- 1 tomato, sliced
- 1 onion, finely sliced
- Chaat masala to taste
- Fresh lime
- 4 cups Paneer, grated
- 1 potato, boiled & mashed
- 1 onion
- ½ cup frozen peas, thawed
- 1 carrot, shredded
- 4 cloves garlic, shredded
- 1 inch ginger shredded
- 1 tsp green chili paste
- 1 tsp red chili powder
- ½ tbsp tandoori masala
- 1 tsp cumin coriander powder (dhana jeeru)
- ½ tsp turmeric powder
- Salt to taste
- Cilantro, chopped
Cilantro Jalapeno Tahini Sauce:
- ½ cup cilantro, roughly chopped
- ¼ cup mint, roughly chopped
- 1 jalapeno, roughly chopped
- 1 garlic clove
- 1 ½ tbsp tahini
- ¼ cup greek yogurt
- 1 tsp cumin powder
- Salt and pepper to taste
- ½ lemon, juiced
- In a blender add all the ingredients for the cilantro jalapeno tahini, blend until its a creamy consistency and everything is incorporated. Add water if needed.
- In a mixing bowl add all the ingredients for the tandoori paneer sliders, mix well until everything is incorporated. Form into little patties and set aside.
- In a large skillet or grill, cook the paneer patties evenly on both sides (3ish minutes on each side).
- Heat the stonefire naan bites in an oven or grill.
- Spread the Cilantro jalapeno tahini on each side of the naan bite then add the paneer patty, top it with a slice of tomato, and a slice of onion. Sprinkle chaat masala on top and squeeze a little bit of lime juice on top. Close it with the other piece of the naan.
- Use breadcrumbs or oats if the pattys seems to be falling apart.
- Russet potato is the best to use in this, because it will be sticky and help bind the mixture.
- If you have leftover paneer patties you can freeze them.
- You can use buns instead of the naan bites or even use pita bread to make it healthyish.
- The sauce can be stored in an airtight container for up to a week in the fridge.
- Stonefire naan bites can be found at costco or stop and shop.
- If you can find the bites you can use regular naan or they even have naan rounds which would be perfect.
- I used the magic bullet to make the sauce.
- I used Swad brand tandoori masala.
- I usually buy my paneer from costco, but my favorite brands are nanak and swad.
Follow My Blog
Get new content delivered directly to your inbox.
8 thoughts on “Tandoori Paneer Sliders”
Hi, can you put these on the grill directly? Should they be frozen?
Hi yes they can be put on the grill straight!
Hi! Can you use tofu instead of paneer?
hi yes you can but it might crumble!
Hi what can I do if the sauce becomes thin?
hi you can add more greek yogurt or an avocado