We went to a wedding in Mexico City a couple of months ago, my favorite thing about it was the street food we got to eat! of course I ate LOTS of elotes (Mexican street corn) on the streets of Mexico accompanied with fresh coconut water. I travel to eat lol. I made this Mexican street corn salad for Ahaan’s first birthday party which was fiesta themed, it was a BIG hit. I made a huge tray of it and had no leftover. When I’m making in bulk like that I use canned sweet corn kernels. I don’t grill or roast them and it taste amazing.
You can also mix the mayo and the rest of the ingredients and slather it on the grilled corn without taking out the kernels. Make this at your next fiesta or even bring it to a bbq, it will surely be a hit. I hope you guy enjoy this as much as we all do!
Stay happy, stay hungry!
|Prep time: 5 minutes||Cook time: 20 minutes||Total time: 25 minutes||Makes: 5-6 servings|
- 4 grilled corn, taken off the cob (2 1/2 cups)
- 1 tbsp mayonnaise
- 1 1/2 tbsp creme fraiche or sour cream
- 1/2 lemon/ lime, juiced
- 1 tsp chili powder
- 1/2 tsp cumin powder
- 3 green onions, chopped
- cotija cheese
- cilantro, chopped
- salt to taste
- Grill the corn on a grill or stove stop. You can also use frozen or canned corn kernels and roast them on a pan.
- In a large bowl mix the corn kernels and the rest of the ingredients. Mix well, until everything is incorporated. Adjust the taste to your liking.
- Top it with more cotija cheese, cilantro, and green onions.
- I have used canned corn in this dish, and it tastes just as good. You can even skip the grilling part.
- You can add chopped bell peppers and onions to this as well.
- I got the creme fraiche from Trader joe’s, but should be available at your grocery store.
- You can use greek yogurt to make it healthier.
Follow My Blog
Get new content delivered directly to your inbox.