How glorious does this mexican street corn gnocchi sound?!? I promise it tastes just as amazing. It’s like eating a creamy version of mexican street corn with little pillows of happiness (gnocchi). Mexican street corn gnocchi is my way of holding onto summer a bit longer. It’s a great blend of flavors, creamy, tangy, spicy, and sweet all in one!
If you can’t find fresh corn then you can definitely use canned or frozen. I suggest cooking this dish in an enameled pan if you have one. By cooking in an enameled pan it just gives it a little more depth to the flavor. I used 2% milk, you can use half n half or even cream. Add more milk if you like it creamier. You can also add vegetables like peppers, tomatoes etc. to this. Sub the gnocchi for any pasta you have on hand; penne, rotini, orecchiette will all work great for this.
If you make Mexican street corn gnocchi don’t forget to tag me @zheelicious, I would love to see your awesome creation!
Stay happy, stay hungry!
|Prep time: 10 minutes||Cook time: 10 minutes||Total time: 20 minutes||Makes: 4 servings|
- 1 pack Gnocchi (17.5 oz.)
- 1 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 3 cups fresh corn kernels (you can use frozen or canned)
- 2 cups milk
- 4 cloves garlic, finely grated
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 1 jalapeno, finely chopped
- ½ tsp cumin seeds
- 1 tsp red chili powder
- 1 tsp taco seasoning
- Salt to taste
- ½ lemon, juiced
- Cilantro, chopped
- Cotija cheese (optional for topping)
Time needed: 20 minutes.
- In a pan heat olive oil add cumin seed, onions.
Saute for about 1-2 minutes until they are a bit translucent.
- Add in garlic, jalapeno, and corn. Saute for a few minutes.
Cook until the corn gets a nice char on it.
- Slowly add milk to the pan. Add red chili powder, taco seasoning, and salt.
- Cook the Gnocchi according to packaged directions.
- Add the cooked gnocchi to the sauce and mix well.
Add more milk if needed.
- Turn off the stove and squeeze lemon on top.
- Garnish with cilantro, cotija cheese, and some paprika.
Serve hot & enjoy!
- Use more milk if you want it to be more sauce.
- You can use half & half or heavy cream if you want the sauce to be thicker and creamier.
- Use any shaped pasta you have on hand instead of gnocchi
- You can make gnocchi at home!
- I used fresh corn in this dish.
- If you want to make it vegan use coconut milk.
Follow My Blog
Get new content delivered directly to your inbox.