Curry goat cheese? WHATTT!!! It’s a real thing friends and it’s ABSOLUTELY DELISH! Figs and goat cheese is my favorite duo of all time. This flatbread is spicy and sweet all at once and it hits taste buds that you never knew you had. The spiciness from the curry powder, paprika and jalapeños combines so well with the sweetness from the caramelized onions and the balsamic glaze.
This can be served as dinner or an appetizer! It’s so easy and super quick to make. So make this for your next party and I promise your guests will be licking their fingers!!!
Stay happy, stay hungry!
- Ready-made flatbread or pizza crust
- 16 oz. goat cheese
- 1 small onion, sliced
- 1 jalapeño, sliced
- 3-4 figs, sliced
- ¼ tsp curry powder
- ¼ tsp paprika
- 1 tsp almond milk (or milk of choice)
- 1 ½ tsp sugar
- Salt to taste
- Balsamic glaze (optional)
- In a food processor add the goat cheese (leave a tablespoon on the side for topping). To the goat cheese add the curry powder, paprika, and almond milk. Pulse everything until it’s a creamy consistency(you can add more almond milk if needed).
- In a small pan melt the sugar, add the onions, and salt once the sugar is melted. Let it sauté until it caramelizes on med-high heat. (This takes about 7-8 minutes)
- Spread the goat cheese mixture and add all the toppings on the flat bread. Top it with the extra goat cheese that you put aside.
- Broil on high for about 3-4 minutes, only until the figs are lightly kissed. Once done, drizzle with the balsamic glaze and DEVOUR.
- I buy my goat cheese, flatbread crust, and balsamic glaze from Trader Joe’s!
- If you have extra goat cheese, I recommend you make more of the curry goat cheese spread. You can use it on crostini’s, sandwiches, as a dip, or salad toppings…the options are ENDLESS!
- When figs aren’t in season I use fig jam for this dish, it’s just as good.