Mexican and Italian are definitely in my top 3 favorite cuisines. This recipe brings two of them together and creates amazingness. It’s a one-pot wonder that comes together in just 20 minutes! It has all the amazing flavors from the enchilada, but it’s arranged in a pasta dish. The sauce is so creamy and luscious from the cream cheese, making it easier for the cheese to get into every crevice of the rotini…your mouth watering yet? I could literally eat an entire pot of this…it’s that good people!! Also, my father-in-law who hates pasta actually loves this dish, so you know ya girl did something right here 💁🏽lol. It would be a great make a-head dish for a party! Hope y’all like this!
Stay happy, stay hungry!
|Prep time: 5 minutes||Cook time: 15 minutes||Total time: 20 minutes||Makes: 6 servings|
- 1 box rotini pasta
- 1 28 oz. enchilada sauce
- 1 cup cream cheese
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 6 garlic cloves, chopped
- 1 small orange pepper, chopped
- 1 small yellow pepper, chopped
- 2 jalapeños, chopped
- ½ tsp cumin seeds
- 1 tbsp taco seasoning
- 1 tsp red chili powder
- 1/2 tsp cumin powder
- ½ tsp cumin coriander powder (dhana jeeru)
- salt to taste
- 1 cup Mexican blend cheese
- chopped cilantro (optional)
- Cook the pasta according to box directions, I prefer mine al dente!
- In a blender add the enchilada sauce and the cream cheese, blend until its smooth.
- In a pan, heat some oil and add cumin seeds once the oil is hot. Add the onions once the cumin seeds start splattering, then add garlic and cook until the onions are translucent (about 3 minutes). Add the pepper and cook for another two minutes.
- Add all the spices and a splash of water. Add the sauce and cook for about 1 minute. Add the cooked pasta to mixture and mix welland cook for about 2-3 minutes, and then turn off the heat.
- Add the cheese and chopped cilantro if using, serve hot!
- You can use any kind of pasta you have on hand.
- I use the Old El Paso enchilada sauce.
- Other topping options: scallions, chopped jalapeños, or even black olives.
Follow My Blog
Get new content delivered directly to your inbox.