Chickpea Quinoa Salad, I love eating light meals during the summer. This is so perfect for lunch or a light dinner. The beauty of it is that it comes together so quick and it can be served warm or cold. This salad SCREAMS summer to me.
You can pre-make the quinoa, dressing, have chopped veggies ready to go and assemble right before eating. It would also be such a good/ healthy option for the big grilling weekend coming up! It comes together in just under 20 minutes. Stays fresh in the fridge for about 3-4 days. You can use this recipe to meal prep and store them in separate containers or mason jars. I hope you will like this easy summer recipe! Also make sure to check the “notes” section for how to cook quinoa perfectly and all the variations/ add-in.
Tag me @zheelicious when you make it, I would love to repost 🙂
Stay happy, stay hungry!
|Prep time: 5 minutes||Cook time: 15 minutes||Total time: 20 minutes||Makes: 4 servings|
- 1 can chickpeas, washed and drained
- 2 cups quinoa, cooked
- 1 cucumber, diced
- 1/2 onion, diced
- 1 bell peppers, diced
- 5-6 baby tomatoes halved
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tsp red chili powder
- 1/2 tsp dhana jeeru (cumin coriander powder)
- 1/4 tsp cumin powder
- 1 tbsp red crushed pepper
- Black pepper to taste
- Salt to taste
- chaat masala to taste
- 1/2 lemon, juiced
- Dash of agave or honey
- 1 green onion, chopped (optional)
- Cilantro, Chopped (optional)
- In a bowl mix together all the chickpea, diced veggies & quinoa.
- In small bowl add olive oil, red chili powder, cumin powder, dhana jeeru, red crushed pepper, salt, pepper, chaat masala, lemon juice, and agave. Mix well until everything is incorporated.
- Pour the dressing to the chickpea,veggie, & quinoa mixture. Top it with chaat masala, cilantro, and green onions.
- Serve it warm or cold!
- I cook my quinoa according to package directions, but here is the method thats worked for me… 1 cup of quinoa to 2 cups water, bring to a rapid boil. Once the water is boiling, cover and simmer on medium-low heat for 12-15 minutes. Once cooked, let it sit covered for another 5 minutes. Fluff the quinoa with a fork.
- If you follow the above method, your quinoa will be really fluffy and separate.
- You can add any other veggies you like in this.
- Avocado would be great in here.
- You can even add grilled veggies like eggplant, zucchini, cauliflower, broccoli.
- Add spinach or arugula in it for more greens.
Follow My Blog
Get new content delivered directly to your inbox.