I shared a recipe for bombay sandwich a while back, so I had to share my other favorite which is Bombay grilled cheese sandwich. I remember eating these while wedding shopping in India, this is what most stores would order for us while we are shopping. It was probably the best thing about wedding shopping lol. It’s super simple and easy to make, something you don’t even have to turn your stove on for. Now that’s my kinda dinner🙌🏽.
Hope y’all enjoy!
Stay happy, stay hungry!
|Prep time: 10 minutes||Cook time: 10 minutes||Total time: 20 minutes||Makes: 4 servings|
- 12 slices bread
- 4 Amul sliced cheese
- 2 potatoes, boiled
- 1 tomato, sliced
- 1 onion, sliced
- 2 beets, boiled and sliced
- ¼ cup Green chutney
- ¼ cup Amul butter
- 1 tsp red chili powder
- 1 tsp cumin coriander powder
- ½ tsp garam masala
- ½ tsp chaat masala, more to sprinkle on top
- Salt to taste
- Cilantro, chopped (optional)
- 2-3 Scallions, chopped
- 1 Avocados, cubed
- 2-3 Radish, sliced
- 1 Jalapeno, sliced
- Sour cream
- Cotija cheese
- Cilantro, chopped
- lemon/ lime wedge
- In a bowl mash the two boiled potatoes.
Add chili powder, cumin coriander powder, garam masala, chaat masala, salt, and cilantro. Mix everything really well, set aside until ready to use.
- Take 3 slices of bread, cut the crust off.
Then spread butter on all 3 slices, and then spread green chutney on all three slices.
- Spread the potato mixture on one slice of bread and put a slice of cheese on it.
Then layer the other slice of bread with tomatoes, beets, and onions sprinkle chaat masala on it.
- Take the middle slice and put it on top of the cheese, chutney side down.
Spread more butter and chutney on the topside of the bread then close the sandwich with the last slice of bread with the veggies on it.
- Put the sandwich in a Panini press until it’s toasted and the cheese has melted.
- Repeat these steps for the rest sandwiches and Enjoy!
- I use Pepperidge farm white sliced bread.
- I recently found out that honest sells their sandwich bread, if you have a honest near you that bread would be amazing in this sandwich.
- I use pre-boiled beets that I buy from Costco.
- If you don’t have a Panini press you can simply grill this on the stove.
- You can skip the 3rd slice of bread in between to keep things light.
Follow My Blog
Get new content delivered directly to your inbox.