I know I said that the thanksgiving series was over.. but maybe not lol…I present to you Tutti Frutti tres leches cupcakes. Tutti Frutti brings me right back to my childhood. I grew up in India until I was about 11 years old. I remember going to a bakery in India and getting tutti frutti bread or my dad getting me Tutti Frutti paan. I thought why not create something with it as an ode to my childhood.
These cupcakes are super delicious and moist (I can’t believe I’m using that word, because I DESPISE that word). Also, it would be really fun to get your kids involved in making these. My older son (Ahaan) helped me sprinkle on the tutti frutti on top and it brought me back to my childhood. I hope you will create beautiful memories with your family making and eating these. Wishing you a very happy Thanksgiving, hope its filled with lots of yummy food and quality time with family. 💕
Stay happy, stay hungry!
- Tutti frutti can be found at any local Indian grocery store.
- You can use a toothpick to poke holes into the cupcakes as well, that just won’t soak in as much liquid.
- The frosting is VERY delicate I suggest frosting the cupcakes RIGHT before serving
|Prep time: 5 minutes||Cook time: 20 minutes||Total time: 25 minutes||Makes: 5-6 servings|
- 1 box Duncan white cake mix
- 1 pack tutti frutti
- 14 oz. can of condensed milk
- 12 oz. can of evaporated milk
- 1 cup coconut milk
- 1 ½ cup heavy whipping cream
- ⅓ cup powdered sugar
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- Line the muffin pan with cupcake liners.
- Follow the directions on the box to make the batter. Once the batter is done fold in 1 cup of tutti frutti.
- Pour batter evenly into the lined cupcake pan. Bake for 18-21 minutes. Cool the cupcakes on a wire rack.
- Blend together condensed milk, evaporated milk, and coconut milk. Set aside until ready to use.
- Once the cupcakes are cooled, with a skewer poke holes in the cupcake. Spoon in about about 2-3 tablespoons of milk mixture per cupcake (depending how soft and soaky you want them).
- Refrigerate the cupcakes for about an hour.
- In a stand mixer, whip together the heavy whipping cream and powdered sugar until it forms stiff peaks.
- Frost the cupcakes, garnish with more tutti frutti and serve!
Follow My Blog
Get new content delivered directly to your inbox.
One thought on “Tutti Frutti Tres Leches Cupcakes”