Ending my Thanksgiving series on a sweet note! Jalebi Ice Cream. A couple of months ago I was brainstorming ideas for this series, I had all the other recipes figured out I was stuck on the dessert. I had a few ideas and I was confused as to which one to choose. I asked my husband and he goes why don’t you make Jalebi ice cream!! So this recipe was COMPLETELY his idea and I just executed it. I tested this a while back as well and it was a hit amongst the family so I knew it would be a good fit! Also the fact that it’s SUPER easy to make is a win.
My mil actually made the jalebi using the gits pack at home but you can completely skip this step and just buy ready made jalebi. It would be just as good and will make this recipe even easier!
I was skeptical on making ice cream in the winter but many people love ice cream year around so why not. Also when Jalebi is involved what’s not to love. Wishing you and your family a very Happy Thanksgiving. Hope its filled with lots of good food and family time.
Stay happy, stay hungry!
- 1 pack gits jalebi pack/ or store bought jalebi
- 14 oz. can of condensed milk
- 1 pint of heavy whipping cream
- 1 tbsp chasni
- 1 tbsp rose water (optional)
- Slivered almonds (optional)
- Crushed pistachio (optional)
- Rose petals (optional)
- Chasni (sugar syrup) for the jalebi:
- 1 cup water
- ½ cup sugar
- 1 pinch of saffron
- ½ tsp cardamom powder (optional)
- 1 tsp rose water (optional)
- In a saucepan bring 1 cup up water and sugar to boil until the sugar has melted. Add saffron, cardamom powder, and rose water.
- According to the gits package make the jalebis, then soak it in the chasni for 30 seconds. Take the jalebis out on a plate.
- In a blender add condensed milk, heavy whipping cream, rose water, and chasni. Blend until everything is mixed well.
- In a flat container take out the ice cream mix put pieces of jalebi in it mix well. Top it with more jalebis, slivered almonds and crushed pistachio.
- Freeze for at least 6 hours.
- Scoop out and enjoy!
Follow My Blog
Get new content delivered directly to your inbox.
One thought on “Jalebi Ice Cream”