Okay this recipe is from the archives! I literally made this like a year ago and took photos, just never posted it for some reason (sometimes life just happens). I found the photos when I was browsing through old pictures and remembered all about these potato goodness. It’s a perfect brunch dish or lunch, heck you can even eat it for dinner! I don’t judge people, you do you. It would be perfect for a brunch party! You can make like a hash brown bar and lay out all the cooked ingredients and people can make their own. You can make this vegan by omitting the egg. OR top it with a runny egg YUM!
Hope y’all enjoy this easy brunch recipe.
Stay happy, stay hungry!
|Prep time: 5 minutes||Cook time: 20 minutes||Total time: 25 minutes||Makes: 2 servings|
- 3 purple potatoes, cubed
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 jalapeño, chopped
- ½ tomato, chopped
- ¼ cup jarred salsa
- ½ bell pepper, chopped
- ½ tsp cumin seeds
- ½ tsp red chili powder
- 1 tbsp taco seasoning
- ½ tsp cumin coriander powder
- Salt to taste
- Pepper to taste
- Cilantro, chopped (optional)
- Scallions, chopped (optional)
- 2 eggs (optional)
- Preheat the oven at 375
- In a sheet pan spread out the chopped potatoes, drizzle with olive oil salt and pepper.
Bake in the oven for 15-20 minutes until the potatoes are fork tender.
- In a pan heat some oil add cumin seeds.
Once the cumin seeds start splattering add onions, jalapeño, and pepper.
- Once the veggies have softened add tomatoes cook for about 2-3 minutes.
Add red chili powder, taco seasoning, cumin coriander powder, and salt. Then add jarred salsa and let it cook for 2 minutes.
- Add the bake potatoes to the pan, mix well until everything is incorporated.
- Optional: Fry an egg to your liking.
- Top the potato hash with the egg, cilantro, and scallions.
- You can use any potatoes you have on hand. Sweet potatoes would be really good in this.
- You can top this with cheese, sour cream, hot sauce, whatever you like!
- I use McCormick’s brand taco seasoning. I buy the big bottle from Costco.
Follow My Blog
Get new content delivered directly to your inbox.