Sooji sheera / Halwa, such an easy sweet to make for prasad or along with a thali. Sooji Sheera is usually made for prasad for pooja. It’s super quick to make and always delicious. make this sooji sheera/ halwa for your Diwali pooja and enjoy! hope you guys enjoy this simple staple dish.
If you try this Sooji sheera/ halwa make sure to tag me @zheelicious. I can’t wait to see your creation.
Stay happy, stay hungry!
|Prep time: 5 minutes||Cook time: 15 minutes||Total time: 20 minutes||Makes: 4 servings|
- ½ cup Sooji
- ½ cup sugar
- ⅓ cup ghee
- 1 cup milk, Warmed up
- ½ tsp cardamom powder
- ½ tsp saffron
- Sliced almonds for garnish (optional)
- Dried raisins, garnish (optional)
- Dried rose petals, garnish (optional)
Time needed: 20 minutes.
- Heat the ghee in a pan, add sooji and let it get a big brown and fragrant.
- Add cardamom & saffron. Mix well.
- Stream in the warmed milk and let it evaporate. stirring continuously.
- Add sugar, mix well until the ghee separates. stirring continuously.
Once the ghee is separated, it’s done!
- Take it out on the serving plate, add your garnish to it and enjoy!!
Follow My Blog
Get new content delivered directly to your inbox.