I love finger food type of foods for appetizers this holiday season. Also I’m currently vibing with apps that involves no cooking. This check marks both!! This chaat basket will satisfy all your taste buds, its spicy, tangy, and a little sweet. You get the tartness from the pomegranates and its crunchy from the chaana dal and the chaat basket. This is an easy appetizer that comes together in just 10 minutes. You can prep everything ahead of time, I would suggest mixing everything right before serving to prevent from getting soggy. Hope you enjoy this easy yet super fancy looking appetizer.
Stay happy, stay hungry!
|Prep time: 10 minutes||Makes: 15 baskets|
- 15 chaat baskets
- 1 cup pomegranate arils
- 1 cup chaana dal (Namkeen)
- 1 small potato, boiled and finely chopped
- 1 small tomato, deseeded and chopped finely
- 1 jalapño, deseeded and chopped finely
- 2-3 sprigs of green onions, finely chopped
- 4-5 sprigs of cilantro, finely chopped
- 1 tbsp green chutney
- 1 tbsp red sweet chutney
- ½ tsp red chili powder
- Salt to taste
- Chaat masala
- Lime (optional)
- Fine sev (optinal)
- In a bowl mix pomegranate arils, chaana dal, potato, tomato, jalapeño, green onions, cilantro, red and green chutney, and all the spices.
Squeeze a little lime on top (if using) and mix well.
- Fill the chaat baskets with the chaat mixture, top it with the fine sev (if using).
- For my sweet red chutney I use apple butter sauce . I simply thin it out with water and add red chili powder, cumin coriander powder, and salt to taste.
- I got the chaat baskets, the namkeen chaana dal, and the fine sev from patel brothers. Can be found at any Indian grocery store.
- I also boil my potato in the microwave to make things even easier.
Follow My Blog
Get new content delivered directly to your inbox.