This heat wave is killing me y’all especially being 7 months pregnant. I need something to cool myself down with and this happens to be the perfect drink, because it also calms me down too (this pregnancy has given me anxiety). This would be perfect for bbq party! you can add some sparkling water to make it fizzy. You can probably add a shot of Titos to really start the party going!
You get this beautiful light lavender color from the seeds, but you can also add food coloring to it (I added the TINIEST drops). It is simple, refreshing, and calming! Hope you all enjoy this!
Stay happy, stay hungry (and in this case thirsty 😂😜, idk why I’m like this honestly LOL)
|Prep time: 5 minutes||Cook time: 10 minutes||Total time: 15 minutes||Makes: 6 servings|
- 3 tbsp lavender seeds
- 1 cup lemon juice
- 1/2 cup suger
- 1/4 cup agave nectar
- 4-5 cups water
- 1 drop of red food color (optional)
- 1 drop of blue food color (optional)
- Simple syrup
In a saucepan heat 2 cups of water and sugar, and lavender seed. Let this mixture simmer on medium heat until the sugar is melted, then turn off the heat. Steep the mixture for about 8-10 minutes.
- Let the mixture cool.
then add agave nectar and mix well
- Once the mixture is completely cool strain it, then add lemon juice, Food color (if using) and ice.
- Adjust the taste to your liking and serve cold!
- I got the lavender seeds from World Market.
- You can also purchase it on Amazon.
- You can also add lavender essential oil to make the flavor more prominent.
Follow My Blog
Get new content delivered directly to your inbox.