Mother’s day is around the corner (quite literally), celebrate your mom by making these guava cheese puffs for her! Or you can treat yourself and send your Hubby or kids the recipe for these easy guava puffs and wake up to it. Guava cheese puffs are filled with cream cheese and guava paste, baked to perfectly golden brown and sprinkled with some powdered sugar. It is heavenly. If you have ever had the Entenmann’s Guava cheese puffs these are the homemade version of that!! We love Entenmann’s Guava puffs and always buy them any time we see it at the store.
This recipe actually came from my husbands co-worker, she is from Puerto Rico and makes amazing desserts!! She told me how simple these are to make at home, and she definitely wasn’t lying. Super easy to make and would make for a delicious brunch, dessert, breakfast, or snack item for Mother’s day! My husband loves these warmed up with his coffee in the morning. I love them on their own or with cold milk!! I hope you guys enjoy them as much as we do. Don’t forget to tag me @Zheelicious, I would love to see your creation.
If you are looking for other mother’s day treats try: Puran Poli / Gari Rotil Puffs, Ras Malai Cupcakes, Gulab Jamun Cheesecake, Rose Chai Latte, Falooda Cake Truffles, Falooda Mousse Trifle, Tutti Frutti Tres Leches Cupcakes, Orange Pineapple Bundt Cake,Instant Rose & Cardamom Kopra Pak.
Stay happy, stay hungry!
|Prep time: 10 minutes||Cook time: 25 minutes||Total time: 36 minutes||Makes: 12 Puffs|
- 1 pack of puff pastry, thawed.
- 14 oz. block of Guava paste (I used Iberia brand)
- ½ cup cream cheese
- 1 Egg yolk, beaten (optional)
- Powdered sugar (optional)
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees.
- Cut your puff pastries in thirds. You should now have 3 long sheets. Cut each sheet into half. You should have 6 medium size sheets.
- Cut the guava paste into 12 even slices.
- Place a slice onto one of the sheets, top it off with about 1-2 tbsp of cream cheese & add guava. Fold the sheet over and seal the edges with a fork. Repeat until all the pastries are filled.
- Brush them all with the egg wash (if using) or you can brush with water or milk (if you want to make it eggless).
- Make two little slits on top so the puffs can vent.
- Bake for 20- 25 minutes or until golden brown.
- Let it cool and dust powdered sugar on top.
- Enjoy with a cup of coffee or cold milk!
- I use pepperidge farm brand puff pastry.
- you can find the guava paste in the international or latin section of your grocery store.
- You can also use Goya brand guava paste.
- If you can’t find the paste you guava jam.
- store in an airtight container for up to about a week.
Follow My Blog
Get new content delivered directly to your inbox.