Are you observing Navratri this year? Are you bored of eating the same fasting food over and over again?!? don’t worry because I got you!! Try this farali chaat, it will literally come together in like 10 minutes and satisfy your craving. You can call this farali chaat or bhel! This Farali Chaat is perfect for any past you observe, Navratri, Ekadasi, Shivratri, Janmashtami…etc. You get the point lol. This is something fun and a little different than your normal fasting food.
This is the green chutney recipe I used, omit the garlic and use sea salt. That will make it fast/ upvas friendly! I used Swad tamarind date chutney in this, you can also use homemade. Pomegranate seeds add a tarty flavor to it and love the crunch it gives.Here are some other upvas recipes you might like: Sabudana Khichdi, Sabudana Vada. I hope you will give this a try and amplify your fasting game!! ALSO this is good even if you are not fasting. Super versatile. If you make this don’t forget to tag me and tell me how you liked it @zheelicious! I can’t wait to see your creations!!
Stay happy, stay hungry!
|Prep time: 5 minutes||Cook time: 5 minutes||Total time: 10 minutes||Makes: 3|
- 2 cups farali Chevdo (I used the brand real)
- 1 small potato, boiled, peeled and diced
- 1 small tomato, diced
- 1 green chili, sliced
- Mint & cilantro chutney to taste
- Tamarind sweet chutney to taste
- Cilantro (optional)
- Pomegranate arils (optional)
- Sprinkle of red chili powder (optional)
- Sprinkle of cumin powder (optional)
- In a bowl add the farali Chevdo, potatoes, tomatoes, and green chili.
- Add green & tamarind chutney.
- Top it with cilantro, pomegranate arils, red chili powder, and cumin powder.
Give it one last mix.
- Serve immediately and ENJOY!
- You can use sweet potato or yam in this, or even add shredded beets to this!
- Make sure to use sea salt or sindhav salt for this recipe if you are fasting.
- You can boil the potato in the microwave, pressure cooker, or instant pot. (microwave would be the quickest)
- Throw some of this on your sabudana khichdi and make it extra delicious!!
- Make this right before serving or it will get soggy.
- I used Real bites brand chevdo, I got from Patel brothers. You can use any you like.
Follow My Blog
Get new content delivered directly to your inbox.