It’s friYAY!! YAY! I’m coming through for you for the most perfect brunch French toast that’s EGGLESS!!! Sorry I got a little excited lol. It’s because I can never order French toast when I’m out because I can’t stand the smell of eggs, even though I eat eggs. It’s a really weird thing that happened to me during my pregnancy, it still haunts me. Focus Z, focus on the French toast. Let’s talk cardamom French toast, it is crispy on the outside and buttery flakey on the inside. Cardamom flavor really reels this whole dish together. The warm fruit syrup on top is legit the icing on the cake. It’s not overly sweet but just sweet enough. I hate overly sweet things especially if I’m eating it for breakfast or brunch so this syrup works so well + you are eating fruit, win win.
It legit takes 10 minutes to make this whole dish, super quick and fresh. You can use this berry syrup on pancakes too. I hope you all will like it as much as we do. Don’t forget to tag me if you make this @zheelicious, I can’t wait to see!!
Stay happy, stay hungry!
|Prep time: 5 minutes||Cook time: 5 minutes||Total time: 10 minutes||Makes: 4 French toasts|
- 1 cup milk
- 2 tbsp cornstarch
- 1 tsp cardamom powder
- 1 tsp agave nectar or honey
- Dash of cinnamon powder
- 4 slices of french brioche bread
- Dollop of mascarpone cheese or whipped cream (optional)
- Powdered sugar (optional)
Warm fruit Syrup:
- 2 large strawberries, sliced
- ¼ cup blueberries
- 1 banana sliced
- ¼ raspberries
- ½ tbsp granulated sugar
- ½ tsp cardamom
- Pinch of salt
- Lime juice (optional)
- In a deep plate mix together milk, cornstarch, cardamom powder, agave nectar, and cinnamon powder. Whisk until there are no lumps.
- Heat a small pan on medium-low heat and add all the ingredients for the fruit syrup. Mix everything well until it starts to release water, cover and let it cook for 3-5 minutes, stirring occasionally. Once all the fruits are cooked down and it becomes syrup turn off the heat. After turning off the heat squeeze lime juice (if using).
- Heat a griddle or flat pan on medium-high heat. Dip your brioche bread into the milk mixture on both sides. Put the toast directly on the pan, cook until its golden brown on both sides about 2-3 minutes on each side.
- Stack the french toasts, top it with the fruit syrup, dollop it with the mascarpone cheese or whipped cream if using.
- Sprinkle powder sugar on it (if using).
- Serve hot & enjoy!
- I got my brioche bread from Trader joe’s.
- You can use whatever bread you have on hand.
- You can use frozen fruits/ berries for the syrup; it will work just as well.
- The lime juice works really well in bringing out sweetness of the berries & gives the syrup brightness.
- I get my mascarpone cheese from Trader Joe’s.
- You can use oat milk or almond milk to make these vegan.
Follow My Blog
Get new content delivered directly to your inbox.