Falooda cake truffles, it’s like biting into a cake version of falooda. These cake truffles is the perfect fusion dessert for this holiday season or just a normal day lol. They are simple to make but sooo incredibly flavorful and addicting. My husband rated the falooda cake truffles as one of the top 5 things I have ever made!!!!! He also brought some for his staff and it was a huge hit with them.
I’m guaranteeing this to be a HIT at your gathering this holiday season or even if you want to make these for a friend who is having a rough day. They would make for a fun & different edible gift. You can make this into an activity for the kids by having them decorate their own cake truffles. I decorated these with red sugar, green sugar, and edible rose petals that I got from Rose Dose. You can decorate it however you seem fit!I have listed all the substitutes and brands of products I used to make the cake truffles in the notes section at the bottom of the recipe. Make sure to check that out!
I hope you will enjoy these as much as my family did!! If you make them don’t forget to tag me on @zheelicious, I can’t wait to see your creations!! Wishing you all a very Happy Holiday filled with love & good food. I hope you guys have a safe & healthy Christmas.
Stay happy, stay hungry!
|Prep time: 5 minutes||Cook time: 30 minutes||Total time: 35 minutes||Makes: 35 Cake Truffles|
- 1 box white cake mix
- 2 tbsp rose syrup
- 2 tsp rose water
- 1/3 cup room temp cream cheese
- 1 tbsp Tukmaria seeds (basil seeds) soaked in ¼ cup of water (add more water if needed)
- 2 12 oz. bags of white candy melts (vanilla flavored)
- Mix the cake according to package directions.
Add 2 tbsp of rose syrup & 1 tsp of rose water.
- Bake the cake according to package directions.
- Once the cake is almost cooled add in ⅓ cup of cream cheese, 1 tsp of rose water, and the soaked tukmaria (they should have double in size after soaking).
- Mix everything well and make them into 1 tbsp balls. .
Put it in the freezer to set for 60 minutes.
- Melt the candy melts in the microwave for about a minute then stir, and microwave for another 30 seconds.
Might take longer or shorter depending on how powerful your microwave is.
- dip each truffle on top of a fork into the white chocolate, tap to remove the excess then place onto a parchment paper.
Decorate with colored sugar, rose petals, sprinkles (make sure to do this right after coating them or it won’t stick). You may have to reheat the candy melt in between if it hardens.
- Allow the Truffles to harden, you can put them in the fridge for 10- 15 minutes if you like.
- You can use mascarpone cheese or vanilla frosting instead of cream cheese.
- Use chia seeds if you can’t find tukmaria, or you can omit it completely.
- I got my candy melts from Michael’s but I prefer the Ghirardelli Melting Wafers, I just couldn’t find any.
- You can make these upto 2-3 days in advance.
- I used Duncan Hines brand cake mix.
- I used Swad brand rose water from Patel Brothers.
- I used dabur brand rose syrup from Patel Brothers.
- You can make the cake eggless by using an egg substitute. ¼ cup of plain yogurt = to 1 egg.
Follow My Blog
Get new content delivered directly to your inbox.