Spring has DEFINITELY sprung in my kitchen and I couldn’t be happier. This grilled vegetable chimichurri pasta salad screams spring to me. It is just as bright in flavor as it is to look at; after all, we eat with our eyes first! So perfect for meal prep, especially if you are trying to eat healthy(ish). The chimichurri is spicy, tangy and just so flavorful it will leave you wanting more. It’s also a great dish to bring to a bbq. It’s supposed to be beautiful this out this weekend, perfect for grilling!
Although I couldn’t grill outside on my deck I grilled my veggies in my panini maker and they turned out great! You can use any vegetables you have on hand, load it more veggies and less pasta for a healthier alternative. I love adding arugula or spinach in this as well. This salad stays good in the fridge for about 3-4 days, you can eat this cold, hot, or room temperature. Happy Spring y’all!
Stay happy, stay hungry!
|Prep time: 15 minutes||Cook time: 10 minutes||Total time: 25 minutes||Makes: 6 servings|
- 1 box bow tie pasta
- 1 red bell pepper, sliced length wise
- 1 red onion, sliced
- 1 zucchini, sliced length wise
- 1 cup baby tomatoes, halved
- ½ cup extra virgin olive oil (good quality preferred)
- 1 ½ cup parsley, roughly chopped
- 1 cup cilantro, roughly chopped
- 5 garlic cloves
- 4 sprigs green onions
- 1 jalapeño
- 1 lemon
- 2 ½ tbsp red crushed pepper
- Cracked black pepper to taste
- Salt to taste
- Cook the pasta according to the packaged directions and set it aside.
- In a panini press or grill pan grill the red pepper, zucchini, and onions until softened (about 2 minutes on each side).
Let the veggies cool and dice them. Place them a bowl and sprinkle black pepper and salt, set it aside until ready to use.
- In a food processor add cilantro, parsley, garlic, green onions, and jalapeño, blend until everything is incorporate and there are no big chunks.
- Add in the olive oil, juice of one lemon, 2 tbsp of red crushed pepper, black pepper, and salt.
Blend until everything is incorporated.
- In a large bowl add the grilled veggies, baby tomatoes, and the cooked pasta.
Toss everything in a little bit of EVOO (extra virgin olive oil), salt, pepper, and ½ tbsp of red crushed pepper. Add the chimichurri and mix well.
- Serve and enjoy hot, cold, or room temperature.
- Add any vegetables you may have on hand in this (grilled eggplant tastes great in this)
- You can substitute the bow tie pasta with pasta of your choice.
- If you don’t have green onions, ½ an onion would work just as great.
- You can bake the veggies if you don’t have a Panini press or a grill pan, bake at 400 degrees for about 10 minutes.
Follow My Blog
Get new content delivered directly to your inbox.