I’m having a hard time believing that my baby is already TWO!!! I definitely feel some type of way about this, I have been emotional all week thinking about it. I will forever be grateful for the biggest blessing in our lives. Thank you Ahaan for choosing me to be your mommy. They say ” the moment a child is born the mother is also born” and i couldn’t agree more. I have always existed but not as a mother. There is no greater feeling in the world, than being a mom. okay someone pass me a box of tissues, I’m an emotional wreck! the pregnancy hormones are no joke people.
We threw a fiesta for Ahaan’s first birthday!! if you know me you know how much I LOVE tacos/ mexican food so this seem to be the perfect theme for his first birthday (which really it was for us more than him😜). We were celebrating surviving our first year as parents! We made it y’all 🙌🏽.
Alright let’s get this party planning started! I planned every little detail to a T and it was executed beautifully by my family. We had about 100-150 guest, ridiculous for a first b-day I know, but we have a huge family lol. Most of them were adults, we had maybe 15 kids (they were all ages 6 and above). I made most of the appetizers at home and catered dinner from Tacoria. They have 3 locations in New Jersey I believe. It was a GREAT HIT! everyone loved it. I also got desserts made by Sweets by Preet and let me tell you, she went ABOVE AND BEYOND to make what I wanted exactly how I wanted it. I will write down the entire menu below to guide y’all. OH I made margarita jello shots, they were gone way faster than I imagined lol. Location of the party was our backyard! we got a tent and decorated it with mini flags (don’t have a picture of it).
- 7 layer bean dip, made this a day a-head so I wouldn’t have to worry about it the day of. ( you can also buy a tray of this from Costco if you have less guests)
- Mexican Street Corn Salad
- Salsa, Guacamole, and chips
- Fiesta tortilla roll-ups (this recipe is in my highlights section on Instagram)
- Boondi Masala Salad
- Chilli Paneer, We catered it out but I have linked my recipe for it.
- Bataka Vada, also catered out (this was only for the older people if they wanted)
Make your own tacos or burritos, Cartered from Tacoria. ( All of the below was included in the package I picked)
- Rajas, roasted corn and poblano peppers
- Brussel Sprouts, charred and tossed in chipotle sauce
- Golden Avocado, fried avocado
- Chicken Tinga, we got a tray of this for the meat eaters
- chipotle aioli crema
- Verde sauce
- Habanero sauce
- Jack cheese
- pico de gayo
- sour cream
Hot sauce bar: we had a little table with a bunch of different hot sauce, because let’s be real who which desi wouldn’t love a hot sauce bar!!
List of hot sauces:
- Cholula, variety pack
- Yellow bird habanero sauce
- El Yucatan, Variety pack
- Taco bell: mild, hot, and fire
- Random ones we had from traveling
- Two layer cake: top layer, pineapple with vanilla custard and bottom layer vanilla with mango mousse
- Mini cupcakes & Cake pops: Assortment of lemon, coconut, funfetti, espresso, caramel churro, and lime margarita.
- Churro’s dipped in nutella, I did this one on my own. I bought shot glasses, nutella, and churro’s (from costco). Put a spoonful of nutella in the shot glass and a piece of churro in it. Super simple & easy but looks and taste amazing!
- Chocolate chip cookies & other assorted desserts from Costco.
- Had a full bar
- Margarita jello shots
- For non-alcohol beverages we had two options: Virgin mojitos (recipe coming soon) and Virgin Margaritas. Both were served in glass beverage dispensers.
- I went to Michael’s and picked up a bunch of colorful frames, mini succulents, and lammas. Also got balloons blown up that spelled UNO.
- I added a lot of things that I got from Amazon on my amazon store.
- Also had chalkboard labels to label everything.
Fun & Games:
- We had a bouncy castle obstacle course for all the kids. The adults probably enjoyed it more though lol
- Corn hole
- Life size Jenga
- Beer pong
For the goodie bags I wanted to give something kids of all ages would actually enjoy. So instead of giving them toys I filled a bag full of snacks. I mean who doesn’t like snacks!! Here is a list of items I gave, you can customize to your liking!
- Veggie straws
- Welch’s fruit snacks
- Honest juice box
- Sandwich crackers
- 8 oz. water bottle
For the goodie bags I wanted to give something kids of all ages would actually enjoy. So instead of giving them toys I fi
Zheel– Top: Amazon; Skirt: Anthropologie
Prashant– Shirt: Target; Shorts: Banana republic
Ahaan- Shirt: Zara kids; Shorts: H&M; Sandals: Nordstrom Rack
Okay I think that concludes it all. I pretty much covered it all here, please let me know if you have any questions!! I had the funnest time planning and celebrating my little man’s first fiesta, hope you do as well. Don’t forget to fiesta like there is no mañana!!!
Some photos of Ahaan for your viewing pleasure!